2007年8月18日 星期六

Murakami Haruki

I love Murakami Haruki.

It's really shallow to say something like that. But that is exactly how I feel about his novels and personality. The expression coming from his novels always knocks my heart very bad. Bang! Bang! Bang!

Here are my favorite Murakami Novels:

1987-Norwigian Wood


1988-Dance Dance Dance

1992-South of the Border, West of the Sun




South of The Border
Written by Michael Carr and Jimmy Kennedy
(As recorded by Patsy Cline 8/25/61)


South of the border - down mexico way
That's where I fell in love、where the stars above - came out to play
And now as I wander - my thoughts ever stray
South of the border - down mexico way

She was a picture - in old spanish lace
Just for a tender while、I kissed a smile - upon her face
'cause it was fiesta - and we were so gay
South of the border - mexico way

Then she smiled as she whispered manjanna
Never dreaming that we were parting
Then I lied as a whispered manjanna
'cause our tomorrow never came

South of the border - I jumped back one day
There in a veil of white、by the candle light - she knelt to pray
The mission bells told me (ding-dong) - that I musn't stay
South of the border - mexico way




1999-Sputnik Sweetheart