2007年4月22日 星期日

Wild Hogs




A comedy about an adventure for four mid-aged men. The reason I wanted to see the movie is somehow I believe suburban bikers are part of American culture, the part that I will never get. I have seen some bikers around Indiana, or on the way I was heading somewhere else.The history of Motorcycle Club (MC)was starting from 1903 in New York; but after World War II, Some pilots who used to service during the wartime, wanted the same thrills they experience in the war. Of course nowadays the culture and the meaning of MC are totally different from before; however, what has never changed is the goals to pursuit their own freedom and demostration of brave.

The four characters: Woody Stevens (John Travolta), Doug Madsen (Tim Allen), Bobby Davis (Martin Lawrence), and Dudley Frank (William H. Macy) are all middle-aged men, and they are all encountering bottleneck of their life. They decide to initiate a journey, and through the journey, they have found the passion to their life again.

Another reason I went to see the movice was because of William H. Macy. He is a good acter. "Fargo" was the first movie I met this outstanding actor in 1996. The was also the moment I fell in love with movies. In ten years from then, he tried various roles: Cops, good fathers, captains, etc. He always makes people he is a good old man, and very easy to go along with. Maybe next time, he will try some negtive characters, like bad guys, or mean bankers.